Monday, July 14, 2008

Moment not to forget

Titus and Aaris have been fighting a bad virus for the last 4 days. Not only had they been having soaring temperatures during the day, but at night as well. Titus had been up the last three nights with 102 or higher temperatures. Last night was no exception. He woke me up at 2:00 am and his temperature was 103 under his arm. I had been worrying already, but that really started to get me anxious and overly concerned. We went downstairs after taking some Motrin and Titus drank from his selected drinks: juice, "ice" water (he repeats ice so I understand), and Soy milk. He drank and drank and drank and just sat and laid on me for about 45 minutes on the couch in front of the t.v. Towards the end of our time he started saying "pway". I thought he meant "play". But, that didn't make any sense because he was not feeling well. He repeated his request several more times. Finally, after realizing that I was not understanding him, he sat up off of my chest, grabbed one of my hands, looked me in the eyes and said "pway". Oh, my goodness, he meant "pray". I asked him if that was what he meant and he said "yea". So, I said a prayer, "Dear God, please break Titus's fever and let him start to get all better. In Jesus's name we pray, Amen." He then said, "more", so I repeated the same prayer over and over and over again because he kept asking for more. I probably said it a little over 20 times before we stopped. I really don't know if that was Titus asking me to pray, or if God knew I was really worrying and needed to remind me to focus back on Him and hand my worries back over to Him. Either way I was greatly touched by the moment and don't want to forget it.

3 comments:

Beth Hames said...

Oh my goodness...that just gave me chills! What a sweet moment in time. I hope they both get well soon...

Hattie said...

What an amazing way to hear God - through your little boy. May he always want to pray to God in times of trouble and happiness. How is he feeling today?

the Whitelaws said...

That is a precious story! I hope they are feeling better today. We want to see more pictures of you, Jessica. And, any news boy vs. girl?