Friday, August 21, 2009

Fun Day To Be a Mommy












Yesterday was just one of those days you dream about when you are wanting to have kids. It started with a very cooperative and happy Aaris getting ready for school (practice run since school doesn't start until next Tuesday). Then on our practice bike ride to and from her school I noticed early on that she would reach her arm behind her and turn or push an imaginary button on the back of her bike seat. All of the sudden she would go faster. I asked what she was doing and she said, "I was running out of gas. I needed more gas." So, I guess she was imagining that she was either filling up with gas, or turning/pushing a gas button and that made her be able to peddle harder to go faster. So, I totally took advantage of that and whenever she would really start to slow down I would say, "You need more gas." She would then push that button and start to go faster. So cute.

Then we were off to a birthday party. It was so fun to have her be excited to give her gift to her friend, Cole. That was her biggest thrill - watching him open his present and him loving it. Giving brought her joy. And, so did the fun playing time, apples with carmel dip, and birthday cake.

Then we were off to her first gymnastics class ever. Oh my goodness. What a complete joy it was to watch her. I really wasn't sure how she would do. She is not a very coordinated girl and sports have not been her thing, but she was a complete natural. She paid complete and total attention to everything the instructor said, asked questions to make sure she understood, and then followed it to a 't'. She was so strong and comfortable on everything. She had complete confidence in herself which is not always the case when it comes to athletics and her. She was very sad when the class was over, begged to stay and asked if she could come back every single day. Oh, how I wish I could afford that!

After that we headed home for a quick clothes change and drove up to her school to eat pizza and meet her teacher. She ate very quickly hoping that we could meet her teacher as soon as she was done. I told her she had to wait until the clock read 5:30 and she watched intently and was ready to go. She loved her classroom, finding her seat and putting all of her supplies away. Aaron had a good idea of having her meet and talk to another girl in her class so that she would already have a familiar friend to know her first day. She made friends with a precious little red headed girl named Faith. She loved her teacher and generously gave her hugs and kisses. Her teacher is Mrs. Tuxhorn and everyone we've talked to has told us that we are very lucky and that she is an awesome teacher. I feel very blessed and touched that God is taking care of my little girl.

I thank God for being able to have fun experiencing life with my sweet Aaris yesterday.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fun day! I hope Aaris has a wonderful year. Her teacher is lucky to have her!

Briana said...

She is such an adorable girl. What a great day!

Julie Walker said...

What a great day for you, I am so glad Aaris loves her teacher and you have heard great things. Maybe that will make that first day a little easier.

Hattie said...

What a great day! God blessed you with a sweet girl, and blessed her with a wonderful Mommy!

Jason said...

That sounds like a really great day! I'm sure she'll have a great school experience. That's also cool about gymnastics. Aidan and Regan are both starting that on Wednesdays this fall. Good luck with the new school year!

Chez said...

That is so sweet - days like that make me excited to be a mom someday. :) I hope Aaris' first day of school goes great! Oh, and by the way, I was totally in awe of her hair yesterday at the Kindergarten Blessing - I couldn't believe how fluffy and stylish it was! Is it wrong to be jealous of a kindergartner's hair? I hope not!! :)