1 week ago
Friday, October 9, 2009
Brownwood Lake - Recent Trips Part I
I think that since we were so wrapped up in the move this summer I went crazy and booked up our schedule almost every weekend this fall on trips and outings. I must say that I didn't consider how this would effect the progress of unpacking and decorating a new house! No matter what I must say that we have made a lot of fun memories. One of our first big trips was to Brownwood Lake. Our dear friends, James and April Cogburn asked us to join them and 4 other families for a weekend at her parents lake house...or should I say resort. WOW! This place was amazing. It had at least 6 hotel suit (but even better) type of rooms, a HUGE main lodge with kitchen, living room (alone it was about the size of my house), soda pop room, loft, and two HUGE bunk-rooms. And then it had gorgeous patios everywhere with massive rocking chairs, a playscape/sandbox area, a complete other lodge for April's parents to stay in, a gazebo that has 8 removable extra large hammocks right beside an outdoor fireplace and waterfall. Oh, and then of course there was a dock with rope swing, slide, jet skis, and boats. We didn't get on the boats, but the kids really loved the jet skis. I felt like I was at an amazing retreat lodge. But, I must tell you that the best part was the company!! The Cogburns, Steven, the Pollards, and the Mills are just the most relaxing and fun people to be around because they are so genuine and true. It was great to spend the whole weekend in lake clothes with no make-up and not worrying about doing my hair. We just got to eat fabulous food (thanks Briana), swim, play, and fellowship. Thanks again James and April for allowing us to share in your blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
This year was the first year that we brought all our kids. It was so nice to have friends there, with kids that are friends with ours! It made it so special that they had a great time too!
Oh, and beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing. What type of camera do you have, again?
Looks like y'all had so much fun with special friends!! God is so good!
We had a great time with you guys! Glad you got to come this year. We of course love the place and the company too!
Post a Comment