All lighting season long Aaron has been wanting to take Aaris up on a roof. I have persistently told him that I didn't like that idea at all. I myself am paralyzed with fear from heights and I definitely don't want anything happening to my little girl. But about 2 weeks ago when Aaron was taking down our lights he and Aaris came into the kitchen to ask me something. Aaron had told Aaris he would like to take her up on the roof but that they had to get permission from me to go ahead and do it. Well, she came in very excited when she asked me, and well, I just couldn't look like a mean scaredy cat in front of her, so I said yes. I "supervised" with much opinion and direction throughout the process. They walked to the very peak and sat down for a minute to look around at everything. I ran into the house to get the camera in order to document my trust in Aaron. And someday when Aaris comes to me and says, "Oh, but, mom, you never let me do anything I want" I can show her proof that I have.
1 day ago




5 comments:
You are a brave woman! I would have said "no way" and our house is only 1 story high. I bet she loved it though. It is amazing the trust children put in their fathers, she probably didn't once think that anything would go wrong because her daddy was right there beside her.
Wow- you are one brave mama! I can't imagine how scared you must have been to watch- I don't think I could have! :)
Nope. No way. I don't even like when Joby is up on the roof. I don't even know if trust is the issue for me. I just wouldn't let Joby take my boys up there yet. You get the brave Mommy award this year.
Wow, that is awesome! I would have been sitting in the house ready to speed dial the ambulance. Though, I think Matt would have done just fine too. :)
LOL - I was seriously laughing, just thinking about you on the ground directing the "king of rooftops" (aside from perhaps Santa). What a fun Daddy-Daughter experience... something little girls want to do ONLY with the security of Daddy with them... climb ontop of MONSTER roof like yours! I mean really... you've got one TALL house!
Post a Comment