Wednesday, February 6, 2008





Aaron's Granddad Jim (Vicki's dad) passes away on Jan. 17 and we all gathered in Tyler on Jan. 25 for a Memorial. It was beautiful and really honored him well. Aaron gave a beautiful speech and also played "Taps" on his trumpet that moved us all to tears. Something that I'll always remember is that when Aaron started playing "Taps" standing at the back of the chapel Titus marched out from our pew and into the center aisle looking for his daddy knowing that was him playing. Aaron's brother, Alan, and his wife, Kristina, were able to make it with my sweet niece, Cosette. Cosette and Titus are almost exactly 6 months apart. It's so cute to see them together. Right when we all arrived Titus was generous in giving Cosette hugs and kisses. Titus and Cosette probably weigh about the same and I'd say Titus is only about 1 inch taller than her for now. But, I bet that won't be the case one of these days because I have a feeling that Cosette has her daddy's genes and will be on the tall side, and Titus has both Aaron's and my gene's and will be on the short side.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm sorry for your loss- we'll be praying for the family.

Beth Hames said...

I'm sorry to hear about Aaron's grandfather. These are sweet pictures. I'm glad you had a good visit...