Aaris has been very blessed to have a very sweet young lady by the name of Lauren extend a friendship and kindness to her that has made a lasting impression. We first meet Lauren about a month before Aaris had her heart surgery back in '08 when we went to a UT Longhorn basketball game. Lauren was a UT cheerleader cheering that night. Lauren ended up coming up the the hospital to see Aaris. Ever since then she has stayed in touch with Aaris and has even gone above and beyond by sending her little gifts for Christmas and such. On March 1, Aaris and Aaron went to watch Lauren cheer at a UT basketball game against OU. After a little bought of tummy aches from eating too much cotton candy, Aaris just jumped into high gear with cheering and excitement. Aaron and Aaris ended up having tickets in the student section and were able to be down low right in front of Lauren cheering. During one of the give aways Aaris did an air guitar move and Lauren gave her some free Whataburger coupons. At one point Aaron said that a UT player was on the line ready to shoot his free-throw and breaking the silence everyone knew to have Aaris yelled as loud as she could "GO LONGHORNS!" Embarrassing and funny all at the same time. After the game Aaris got to meet up with Lauren to exchange hugs and cards. Aaris also meet two other cheerleaders who were just so kind as well. By the time they got home it as 11:00 pm, but Aaris was still on an emotional high and couldn't hardly stop talking about the whole night to calm down and go to sleep. Thanks Lauren!
Cards Aaris made Lauren actually say:
I lost my first tooth. I looked for it. I couldn't find it so I made the tooth fairy a note. In the morning there was no note, but a one dollar bill. Yay!
I love you. I am in kindergarten. I am 5. I learned how to read and write. I love school. I love you too. There is much more. There is a rodeo at my school. I am going to perform on the stage. My school is not far from my home. My school is named "Dinos.: You will have so much fun. I will too.
I Love you. Love, Aaris. I Love You. I Love You.







2 comments:
Lauren is truly a wonderful spirit. Aaris looks so happy.
I've been thinking of you all and keeping you in my thoughts.
Love to all!
I think you should call the Daily Texan to do a story on Lauren!
Post a Comment