Thursday, October 7, 2010

Garden Themed Party

Aaris had a Garden Themed Party this year.  It is no secret that I love throwing parties for kids!  It just such a joyous time and I love creating fun filled memories for them and everyone else that attends!  So this year I made invitations that as you read the details of the invite the petals opened up to make a big flower.  Found the idea on a website and just had a blast.

At the party everyone started off getting to paint their very own flower pots.  Next came my favorite game: stick the Oreo (or in our case, look-a-likes from the dollar store) on the Ladybug.  I blindfolded the kids, they twisted the cookie apart, licked the delicious cream filling, and stuck it on the ladybug to give her spots.  :)  After that they had a snack of 'dirt' pudding with gummy worms.  Then it was time to play toss the bugs into the flower pots.  Of course, how can you have a party without a pinata?!?!  I usually make the pinatas and have them be pull-string opened so we don't have to worry about getting hit with a bat.  The kids then needed to fill their flower pots so they all chose their favorite flower, filled their pots with dirt and then gave it a good watering.  We finished off the fun with some yummy cakes shaped like flowers.  The kid got to take home their planted flower pots, a rake or shovel (their choosing), and a water bucket.  Except for the flower pots and plants, everything else was supplied by the Dollar Tree Store.  Our family loves that store.  We still have the kids pots filled with plants in our kitchen window.

Oh, and instead of presents Aaris asked all of her friends to bring items for a charity called "CARE CASE".  Since most foster kids are instantly pulled from their living environment, they usually are only able to take a trash bag full of any items they could grab.  This charity provides them with their own suitcase, pillow, blanket, toiletries, pair of pajamas, underclothing, two changes of clothes, teddy bear, and a bible.  I have more info. if any of you would ever like to contribute to their cause.








1 comment:

Chera said...

You are just SO creative, Jess! Adorable party!! :o)