Here are a couple of "anyways" we've experienced lately:
Aaris likes bugs and insects...not a girly thing, and much to mommy's being grossed out about it, I'm glad she does it anyway (there is an earthworm sqeezed tightly somewhere in her hand)
At a recent family reunion they set up a slip-n-slide but the little girls didn't know how to use it. Even though I had just finished getting all dressed up for the day (a VERY rare thing for me) I decided that I definitely wanted the girls to have a good time, so I went and got my swimming suit on and slid with them! It ended up being a total blast!
Always including a Bible story, "blessings" story, and prayer every night at bed-time makes for a very long routine...but I love that we have always done it.
Aaris has been asking and asking to help feed Titus, so I finally gave in and decided to trust her abilities even though I knew that it could lead to some pretty messy results. It didn't and she did a great job.
Aaris just got some dress-up shoes, earrings, bracelets, and a ring (she refers to them as her "princess or Cinderella stuff"). She has been wearing them EVERYWHERE for the past three days. I know that some people may think it's weird that I let my kid go out in public like this, but it really makes her happy. And, of course that makes me happy.
Each time we go to the swimming pool Aaris has to muster up the courage to be brave again. And even though she is scared, she always finally pushes the fear away enough to try everything all over again like jumping in and putting her head under the water.




No comments:
Post a Comment