On Saturday evening we attending our church class Halloween Party. We were supposed to bring a Halloween food to share. I brought "monster potatoes". I just scooped out balls of mashed potatoes, put string greenbeans on top for hair, two sliced cooked carrots as eyes, and kernel corn for teeth. Aaris got to wear her Halloween costume. She was Belle from "Beauty and the Beast". I couldn't find a Belle wig anywhere, so we turned her SnowWhite princess wig into a Belle wig. I simply put a yellow ribbon over the red one. She was nervous that she looked like a 'SnowWhite Belle', but I think she looked adorable. Titus tried to wear the over-sized Bob the Builder costume his daddy picked out for him, but it just didn't happen. As soon as Aaron got the over-sized tool belt and over-sized hat on Titus, Titus pulled them off. I didn't even have time to take a picture. I guess we will be going with a different costume for Titus for trick-or-treating. Titus enjoyed the food at the party. Aaris participated in a cherry eating contest. Everyone who participated had to get to the one cherry in their bowl that was covered in whipped cream, chew and swallow it before everyone else, and all of this without using their hands. Aaris did great. She wasn't the first to finish, but she still tells me she won. I guess she thinks that anyone who followed the rules and finished won. She was very proud. It was a great evening of visiting with friends and watching our kids play together.
1 week ago




2 comments:
It looks like the kids had a great time!
I love those cherry-eating pics, she's so adorable! And great idea with the monster potatoes! How creative!
Post a Comment