Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baby Name Vote and Update

I went in last week for my 30 weeks appointment. Everything checked out fine. I had not gained any more weight, the baby's heartrate was great, and my heartburn still rages on. Also, since my early contractions in the hospital at 28 weeks I have not had any long, serious episodes again. The thing that took my doctor and I by surprise was that I measured one week early. At this point in my other two pregnancies I was about 2 if not 3 weeks behind in measurement. So, this could mean several things: 1) I could for once have a big baby, 2) This baby could be very long and tall (yes, we do have a few of those genes in our blood-line), or 3) Since we weren't planning on getting pregnant, we have no idea when we got pregnant, and the whole estimated due date could be wrong. So, then came this Monday, September 29. I didn't feel baby all day and finally that night got a few movements out of her. I went in to see the doctor the next morning. Almost all of her vitals checked out great. The only thing she seemed to have problems with was the breathing motion. Also, she has been breech, but an ultrasound showed that she is transverse/sideways across my belly. Her legs and her body show her stuck in the start of a cartwheel motion. So, it apears as if she is trying to turn herself down to be in the correct birthing position, but she might be getting stuck. This would most likely explain why she stopped moving. She might be in a bad position that is very uncomfortable for her body and therefore she can't move, or she doesn't have enough energy to move. She has been moving pretty well the last two days...just a little less again today. She does best when I lay down on my left or right side, but doesn't move much otherwise. My doctor told me to count her movements after I eat each meal. If she starts to move less than the required 10 movements in an hour after meals I must go in for another exam again. We don't want her to get in a postion that makes her body struggle. I believe that she will be fine. I really believe in the best and think the worst of her situation is behind her and that she will get in a more comfortable and sutable position for her continued development. I think she is so sweet and selfless to try to help her mommy out by at least attempting to flip herself for a vaginal delivery. We are continuing to pray for what we think is best: a completely healthy baby, and a vaginal delivery no earlier than 36 weeks. We also trust God and know He knows this baby better than us and is taking better care of her than we could ever do.

Okay, so we are down to two names...we think. Aaris and Aaron like one the best, and I like the other the best. You can tell us which one you like the best. Take a vote between the two names listed on the right of my blog if you want.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You're very fortunate to know about her position so early. We found out Grace was breech one week after her due date. She was too big to turn by then, so I immediately had a C-section. I'm sure this little one will right herself soon!