This year was Aaron's year to plan our Valentine's Day celebration (we take turns every year). None the less, I got up to get the kids some special things together to celebrate with them. Thanks goodness for a stash of odd-and-in gifts I have stored away in a closet, some Dollar Tree store balloons, and some heart shaped breakfast delights. I love that my kids are easily pleased. And, even though it was Aaron's year, I couldn't help but make him a Cookie Cake.
After taking Aaris to school Aaron had our neighbor come over and take the kids. Later, I think Albert and Vicki came and got the kids to keep them for the afternoon/evening. As we do every year, Aaron and I wore our Valentines shirts. They are red t-shirts. He's says, "I Love You" and mine says, "I Love You, Too." You know Aaron LOVES themes, so the theme for this year was "DRESSING MY ANGEL". He presented this theme to me with a frame that on one side said, "Dressing My Angel", and the verse EZEKIEL 16:7-13. Read it and you'll see the theme clearly as well. On the other side was a picture of me that needed to be dressed. Why he had a picture of me like this...well, I guess they occur at some time during 12 years of marriage. And, of course, I will not reveal that picture to you.
He spent the day dressing me for an evening out. He did it with one surprise after another. He started off so sweetly though with a verse, Matthew 6:28-29 , and gave me Lilies (like the flowers spoken of in the verse). Then the rest of the day was opening beautiful boxes full of gorgeous Angel cards that he made by hand. Each Angel card held either a clue, usually a Bible verse, or the answer and sometimes some cash, coupons, or gift card (mind you, the largest amount was $30 and I only got close to using the full amount once).
The first box I opened was the one with the lingerie on the cover (come on...I had to cover that picture). :) Inside was an angel card that revealed that we were going to Cindies. It had some cash and a gift card. With the gift card I only spent $10 bucks. No surprise though. Lingerie stores aren't my forte.
The second box I opened was the one with the clothes on the outside (again, I'm a conservative gal, get me clothed please). Inside was an angel card that said "Forever 21" on the inside and some cash, and another angel card that read "Plato's closet" with some cash on the inside. We decided to head to "Forever 21" first to pick out a dress. Here are the ones I tried on (note: they didn't like us taking pictures of the dresses, but Aaron was able to sneak some quick pictures using his phone):
We then headed to Plato's Closet (an awesome consignment store to find trendy clothes for cheap). I needed some shoes to match the dress AARON PICKED out for me. My choice was a simple eyelet dress, but he was the one dressing me. It is funny though, because I had been looking for months for some affordable red shoes, and there they were. Perfect timing, and again, under budget!
We then decided that it was time to eat. Aaron gave me an angel card that opened up to "Wing Stop". It went with the theme, we had a coupon that gave us half of our food for free, and it was all meat (something my special dietary needs allows). Oh, and just for humor, and for the sake of tradition he had me open a card that read 1 SAMUEL 16:7. He then gave me 2 boxes of conversation hearts to correspond with the verse. Until this year and all my new dietary needs, Aaron has ALWAYS given me a hug tub of conversation hearts because they are my favorite candy (the old traditional boxes...Necco I believe). I can't eat them now, but I hope to be able to by the end of the year.
After lunch I opened the box with the accessories/jewelry on the outside. The first two cards on the inside of the box were verses. PROVERBS 24:16 and gave me a silver bracelet that is inscribed "Fall down seven time Stand up eight". It's a bracelet I saw awhile back and adored. The second verse was EZEKIEL 10:8 and then he proceeded to give me a silver ring that is two angel wings that wrap around my finger. Again, I saw it awhile back in a magazine and just adored it. The next three cards read "Sam Moon" with some cash, "Hannah D's" with some cash and a coupon, and "LifeWay Christian Book Store" and a gift card (he knows I love Christian based jewelry). With these three I was to accessorize my new dress. They are all in the same shopping center, so it was fun. But, again, we were able to save money. I don't wear much jewelry.
We then headed home to eat a snack, and get all dressed up in my new clothing and Aaron in his suit to match.
The next card read: "I like 'The Devil Wears Prada,' but I love 'My angel wears..." That lead us to the movie theater were we watched "From Prada to Nada"
After the move, my next angel card read:
An uncovered angel shone like the sun.
But we spent the day to cover one.
Now I must dress to match with you.
One outfit each will cover two.
Then on to Dinner, both fun and kid-free.
What better place then...
I opened the next card to see that were were going to the restaurant Cover 3.
The food was divine and the company even better. I was for sure there was no room for more surprises, but Aaron found one more. My final card held the verse 1 Kings 19:5 in which he followed with a gift containing a bundle of movies from the t.v. series "Touched By and Angel". I really love this series and would watch it regularly as I was bed ridden last summer.
Aaron holding up one of the now famous boxes and his hand made Angel Cards
After the move, my next angel card read:
An uncovered angel shone like the sun.
But we spent the day to cover one.
Now I must dress to match with you.
One outfit each will cover two.
Then on to Dinner, both fun and kid-free.
What better place then...
I opened the next card to see that were were going to the restaurant Cover 3.
The food was divine and the company even better. I was for sure there was no room for more surprises, but Aaron found one more. My final card held the verse 1 Kings 19:5 in which he followed with a gift containing a bundle of movies from the t.v. series "Touched By and Angel". I really love this series and would watch it regularly as I was bed ridden last summer.
Aaron holding up one of the now famous boxes and his hand made Angel Cards
Thanks again Aaron for doing the unbelievable. You created a life-long memory that will always warm my heart and bring me joy.
Oh my, though, how am I ever to top this next year when it's my turn?!?!










2 comments:
Y'all are so cute!! I love the way you two go all out to make such precious memories. Love y'all!
That is adorable. Is this what happens when two gifties(or is acts of service) marry eachother?
Y'all are adorable.
Post a Comment