Friday, August 31, 2007

"Little Locks"...now..."Little Man"






















Titus went in today for his first haircut. He did wonderfully. He never cried. He gave me a couple of looks that definitely said "I didn't sign up for this", but he held strong. I was surprised, too, because there was no subtleness to their routine. Squirt water all over his
head...dripping everywhere, grabbing hair from all angles and positions, and then, the big shocker...clippers! Yes, Titus must now officially be a little man since he has had his hair cut with clippers. Anyway, I WAS so excited because he has had some fly-aways that have been hard to control, BUT now, well, he doesn't have the little baby locks of hairs. He looks about 6 months older than he really is...that's a lot older for his age! :) I'm now wondering why I did this to him...um, well, really, why I did this to myself? You know, I keep asking him to stop growing up. I don't mind him staying my baby boy for a little longer. But, well, he went right on ahead and did it anyway.
(P.S. If you click on the picture, you can see it larger)

5 comments:

the Whitelaws said...

So precious! I'm not sure Jenna will have enough hair to cut at 6 months. Miss you, Sara

April Cogburn said...

Lena still at almost 21 months, has not had her first haircut. It's getting in her eyes now, but I can't let anyone take those curls away! So I just pull it back with a bow when I can. we'll see how long it gets. James thinks all little girls need to have a bit of long hair. We'll see how long it gets.

CM said...

He looks like such a little boy instead of a baby! Where did this first year go???

Jason said...

All right! Kids cuts! That's where we take Aidan. Titus is looking huge, just as he should. What a cool little guy. I'm really impressed by the way he is sitting so well in the car, at least for the picture! We really hope to see you guys soon.

jonna said...

What a handsome boy!