Monday, November 19, 2007

And 7 became 6...

Well, Titus has managed to accomplish something before Aaris has. He has now lost a tooth before she has and seen the dentist before she has. This morning around 10:00 am he was playing on my bed and I was making sure to watch that he didn't get to close to the sides of the bed and fall off. Well, it didn't even cross my mind that I should be worried about him falling behind my bed. But, the next thing I knew he slipped right underneath the headboard and between the bed and the wall. I was frantic because I didn't know how I was going to get him out. I finally managed and saw that he was dripping blood from his mouth. I thought he had busted his lip and pulled it up to see how bad, only to discover that his front left tooth was completely gone. Yes, he knocked it completely out, root and all. I found it on the ground. I took him to a pediatric dentist to make sure that all his other teeth were okay and that nothing else got damaged. It's funny because when I first met with the nurse, she asked me how many teeth he has, and I said "7...oh, I mean 6 now". Titus is fine, but will have to go without a tooth until his 2 year molars come in. They can attach a permanent retainer to the molars that will hold a fake tooth in place. He was a perfect patient and didn't cry for any of the exam or x-rays and was even playing and giggling when I was checking-out. I on the other hand feel absolutely horrible about allowing this to happen and have been crying off and on all day. Aaron didn't get home to see Titus today, but did see my pictures and thinks he looks cute. I think Aaron is insane. I know that Titus looks, well, like a street-fighter, and I'm just anticipating those molars finally coming in, so I can get my sweet boy's innocent smile back.



8 comments:

CM said...

Yes, he looks very cute! He is an adorable, precious little guy and he looks super sweet!

Alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alyssa said...

What a trooper! He smiles as though there was never any accident. Even a missing tooth doesn't take away from how handsome he is.

LJ said...

I just love his smile... even with a little gap. 2 will be here before you know it & what a story he can share when he gets older. Gotta love rowdy boys!

twarpula said...

Jessica-
OH poor baby!! Parker almost lost her bottom tooth the other day, but I poped it back in and so far its stayed. I know how sad that is for you, but he will be fine and is still a cutie!!
-Tanya

Briana said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for the amount of heartache this has surely caused you, but yes, he is absolutely adorable with his little gap-tooth smile now. He does look like a little tough guy. And please, don't feel bad, I have much crazier stories about kids and boo-boos over the past five years.

Tanya said...

Oh, my goodness! He is tough little guy! It's a good thing he is kid and not an adult, cause no one will even think twice about a missing tooth!

hejlyeah said...

Wow - what a guy! He looks so cute!