Saturday, November 3, 2007

Tagged about my husband

1. Who is your husband? Joe Aaron Dennington. He is the oldest (and shortest) of three brothers. He comes from an incredible lineage of Godly men in which he is the 4th 'Joe' (Titus is the 5th). He is a super husband, terrific father, and my best friend.
2. How long have you known each other? 10 years, 4 months, and 16 days. We met on June 18, 1997. And actually, this was our second meeting. I attended Westover for 9 months when I was 11 and later discovered that the boy I remember having a huge crush on was Aaron!
3. How long dated? We started dating on July 10, 1997, and he proposed on Oct. 17, 1997. So, we dated about 3 months.
4. How old is your husband? 30. I’m about 1 ½ years older than he is.
5. Who eats more? I think I might. I know I eat more times in a day, but he eats more at each meal. Of course the fact that Aaron sometimes drinks 2-3 big glasses of Coke at a meal could have something to do with there being less room for actual food.
6. Who said "I love you" first? We can’t remember. Aaron journaled our entire first summer together. Literally. He said from the first time he met me, he knew it was special and he started a journal that very night. So, I know that we told each other that we loved each other on July, 12, 1997, but I don’t know who said it first, officially. My bet would be on Aaron, because he is the romantic one, and he is the one who initiated our relationship.
7. Who is taller? Aaron by 2 inches, but if you ask him, it’s more like 3 inches.
8. Who sings better? I sing louder, and he sings stronger. If you have never heard him sing base, you are missing out. A voice teacher at ACU told him that he had the most natural base voice she had ever heard.
9. Who is smarter? Aaron by far!!! He is a genius!!! (Actually he is a Mensa member)
10. Whose temper is worse? Mine. I’m way too emotional. He is a very tender hearted man, but he has way more self control.
11. Who does the laundry? Many years ago we made a deal that if he never made me do yard work, I wouldn’t make him do laundry.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Me, unless I catch him at the right moment and ask very sweetly.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do from the perspective of lying down, and he does if you are standing at the foot of it. I had always slept closest to the bathroom because I’m the one up in the middle of the night having to use it, but when we moved into our house, Aaron didn’t want to move sides. So, I just told him that also makes him closer to the door, so he would have to be in charge of the kids if they come to our room in the middle of the night. The problem is that Aaris didn’t get that memo.
14. Who pays the bills? I always have. In fact a lot of house bills are in my name because I’m the one that had to set them all up.
15. Who is better with the computer? Aaron again. He even created and designed his business’s website from scratch. You should check it out sometime. www.denningtondecor.com
16. Who mows the lawn? Aaron. I did growing up, so I’m sure Aaris and Titus will both learn and have chores of doing it when they are big enough.
17. Who cooks dinner? Me. Don’t do much cooking with Aaron gone all the time right now, and frankly that’s just fine with me. I’m not comfortable cooking. It’s kind of stressful for me.
18. Who drives when you are together? It really just depends on whose car we are in. If we are in his car, him, and if we are in my car, me. Aaron loves road trips and drives a lot on those, but he doesn’t like to drive with me around town. I’m kind of a bad ‘back seat driver’.
19. Who pays when you go out? Whoever is not dealing with the kids. But, I prefer to have Aaron do it because he is much faster with calculating the tips.
20. Who is most stubborn? On every day matters it’s me. But, on some issues that Aaron is really passionate about, it’s impossible to get him to think differently.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Again, the underlying issue arises that I am too emotional and therefore I need to apologize on a regular basis. But, Aaron is rarely wrong, and it absolutely amazes me how he identifies it right away and is forthcoming in apologizing quickly.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Probably Aaron’s because they go to our church and work down south.
23. Who kissed who first? He did, but I was definitely asking for it. :)
24. Who asked who out? Aaron was supposed to be dating another girl which is why we were just friends at first. But, I really liked him instantly as did he like me. But, one night at his house when we were just hanging out as friends, he sat me down and told me that he couldn’t stop thinking of me. The next day he broke it off with the other girl, we went on our first date, and talked about love the follow day. Crazy kids we were (19 and 20). Aaris and Titus will be locked away if they ever try anything this crazy.
25. Who proposed? Thank goodness Aaron did. It would have been way too boring if I did it. I was blown away by Aaron’s romantic creativity.
26. Who is more sensitive? Without a doubt me! Again, I’m way too emotional. It’s my Achilles heal, but I have yet to find a way to turn off my emotions.
27. Who has more friends? Aaron does. He just has those true, loyal, ‘do anything for you’ type of friendships.
28. Who has more siblings? We both have two other siblings
29. Who wears the pants in the family? I usually get a little more power in the day to day matters, but when it comes to anything of importance, Aaron’s always the leader. And of course we both spend a lot of time on our knees in prayer.
30. What is something that most people don't know about your husband? Probably not a lot. I also talk a lot and most likely have told you all almost everything. But, here are some things he does that might surprise you, again: plays the guitar, piano, and trumpet; wrote a book with his brother, Alan; is a great athlete and can hold his own in almost any sport; is an Eagle Scout; took a ‘voice over’ class and would probably like to make that a career; designs and makes cross-stitches; writes songs; is a good carpenter; can quote almost any movie; can remember almost any song lyric; has memorized a lot of things including all the presidents and all the best movie pictures; any time he really enjoys something he wants to make it a tradition; got in trouble only one time in school and that was for tripping a boy who was harassing a girl; was the voice of ACU’s “Sing-Song” one year; practiced driving a standard shift car with one hand when he was a teen because he knew that someday he would need to be holding a girl’s hand with his other hand; he also slept on only one side of his big bed knowing that one day he would be sharing a bed with his wife; he is an introvert; he is very, very competitive
31. What do you love most about your husband? He’s very creative and thinks outside the box. He can fix almost any situation because he is an amazing problem solver. He is a great teacher because he puts himself in the other person’s shoes and thinks of the best way they would understand something. He believes in the good of all people. He loves deeply. Aaron can get very emotional, very quickly when he is talking about his family. He truly loves God and has a belief in Him that has influenced my life. I can tell him anything and he holds no judgment against me. He’s my greatest fan and always ‘has my back’. He is fearful of almost nothing. And most of all: He is himself no matter what, and has never let what other's might think stop him.

Okay, so if you actually made it through all of that....I tag Laura Cosper

5 comments:

CM said...

What a sweet post about Aaron. I learned a ton about him!

What were you doing posting at 3 am??

JessBless said...

My neck and back are out and I couldn't sleep.

hejlyeah said...

HI! Just found your blog. There's a whole other world of church people's blogs that I just weaseled my way into!

jonna said...

Wow! Great bits of info...Thanks for sharing

April Cogburn said...

It was great to get to know more about yall.