Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our Family at Christmas




(Just remember that I blog a lot for my own personal form of Scrap booking, so their will be a lot of detail in these next two blogs just so that I will personally always be able to remember specifics of this year.)

This year we did take the time to have our own family Christmas, just the five of us. We went to McDonald's for dinner. I know most of you may be appalled, but when I was overwhelmed with holiday "to-do" lists and a 5 week old, I wasn't going to make a huge homemade meal. We let the kids pick dinner for the night, and since they love Cinnamon Melts, they chose McDonald's. They had a great time and that was all that mattered to me. Well, I say 5 of us celebrated, but actually, we put Skylyn to bed and then opened presents with Aaris and Titus. We lit a fire in the fireplace, the kids passed out the presents, and then we enjoyed the excitement of giving. Aaris got envelopes. She loves writing letters to any and everyone. They don't always get mailed, but they do always get written. So, I saved up a lot of envelopes from Thank You cards I had written and gave her a box full. She has loved them. Titus got Spiderman and Cars pajamas. They both got new mittens which they got to wear the next night at the 'Trail of Lights'. They also both got Travel trays for the car and AquaDoodles for the car. And, since they share a room, but it's still decorated in flowers (because we don't want to redecorate since we are still trying to sell our house) we thought personalized bed sheets would help give them some type of individual personality in their room. Aaris got princess sheets and Titus got Spiderman. Finally, they got a shared gift. A Fisher Price Cool School computer set up. They have both love playing and learning on it. Aaron also went and bought the kids a present I knew nothing about: the movie "Matilda". When Aaris was recovering in the hospital we checked out that movie from the hospital library and she loved watching it. Aaron gave me a Mother's ring with all of my kids' birthstones on it. I gave him money for laser removal treatment on his neck. He always hates how fast and thick the hair on his neck grows back, so now he will not have to worry about it.

You will notice in the pictures that Aaris has a terribly raw nose and upper lip. That poor girl has almost always been sick on Christmas. She had the never-ending runny nose and cough this year. Also, this is the year of the tiara/crown. Aaris insists on wearing a crown almost every day. She loves it and so I gladly let her do it (except on Sunday morning to church). I have decided to do my best to never question her wardrobe. She takes so much pride in what she wears and I refuse to tell her she is doing it wrong. Why start breaking her self confidence down over something as trivial as clothing? She will learn how to coordinate better over time. For now, I'm going to let her be a kid and have fun.

Oh, and since I'm behind on my blogging, I also included pictures from we when decorated our tree back at the first of December. Aaron and I always take the time to hang our first ornament we ever received first before any other ornament gets hung. Next, the kid's hang their very first ornaments: their baby booties. Beyond that we all separate the ornaments into our own individual and personalized piles. Then, we all take our own ornaments and start filling up the tree with memories. It's fun and always a special event.

No comments: