Saturday, November 15, 2008

Coming Home


My yummy Cookie Bouquet

Visit from our friend Jonna

On the phone w/ my grandma

Skylyn in her take-home outfit

My Angel





Wheeled out to the car



Already telling daddy "I Love You" in sign language

So tiny

Little Skylyn in her big crib

In her bassinet

My mom holding Skylyn blowing out her birthday cake


We were able to get released from the hospital right before noon yesterday. Skylyn got the all clear. She does have some jaundice, but we just need to sit with her in a sunny window for awhile. We have her first doctor's appointment Monday afternoon.
I've packed a special "take-home" outfit for the hospital for all three of my kids. Skylyn's was a newborn size white dress with a matching bonnet that of course ended up being way too big. She also had newborn shoes on that I had to fit on top of her over-sized booties to stay on. I still think she looks like an angel. I got to bring another angel home, so now I have three. How blessed am I!!!!!!!!

We meet Aaron's dad at Jason's Deli to have lunch and pick up Aaris and Titus. Titus is whining a lot which shows me he's having a lit bit of a struggle transitioning. Aaris was the same way for about 6 weeks after Titus was born. Aaris is doing well and is almost too helpful. She wants to help me with everything, but that's just not always possible, safe, or helpful. But, I love her heart for trying.

Yesterday was my mom's birthday: Donna Christine Epperson Nov. 14
And, she got to celebrate with her new granddaughter: Skylyn Christine Dennington Nov. 12
My parents brought over food from Carinos...yum...so we could all eat together for my mom's birthday. Aaris and I made my mom a cookie cake yesterday afternoon to celebrate as well. (It was a good re-bonding activity for Aaris and me to do together.)

My milk came in yesterday which is why I'm guessing Skylyn's eating slowed down. She will only eat for 6 minutes at the most at a time. I just don't know how much can fit into that little tummy of hers. Last night was the toughest first night home I've ever had which is crazy because it's the only time I've ever been home by myself. Aaron took Titus on the father/son camp out our church was having and my mom and dad took Aaris. I thought I was going to get one night's break before we all got back into routine. Well, Skylyn decided that she wanted to eat every hour. But, of course she would only do so for 3 - 5 minutes and then I couldn't get her to wake back up to eat more. Finally when she woke up at 3:30 am I decided to try and make her wait. She had no problem just going back to sleep in my arms, but if I put her down, she wanted to cry and have a pacifier. You, know, the nighttime nursery nurse at the hospital both nights told me how much all the nurses loved Skylyn and just loved holding her. They even brought her back one time with a special crocheted hat they found and just thought she had to have. Anyway, I'm now guessing that they held her all night, because I certainly didn't, but that is what Skylyn wants. Anyway, between 4:30- 6:00 am I feed Skylyn three times and finally got her to 18 minutes of feeding...added up fragments of course. It took a lot of extra burping, diaper changes, ear rubbing, tummy tickling, and head scratching her in order to wake her up enough times to eat. So, by the time Aaron and Titus got home this morning I had finally sleep for a couple of hours. It's just ironic to me that when I need Skylyn to eat I can't get her to wake up or stay awake, but when I need her sleep (or I need to sleep) I can't get her to stay asleep. But, you know, she is just so darn cute that I can't get mad at her. :)

3 comments:

Chera said...

She is cute for sure! I love how she signed "I love you"...so sweet!! ;o)

Hattie said...

She is a sweet angel!

Briana said...

She is just precious! Can't wait to meet her. :)