We are 10 days away from Aaris's surgery and she is really excited, so we are starting a countdown. We will post every day until her surgery. Along with a number countdown picture, we will also be doing a book picture. Aaris's sweet friend Meredith recently gave a gift that included a make your own "Golden Book" book. The packet included a blank bound book, some princess stencils, some princess stickers, some crayons and some markers. Aaris loves books and loves princesses, so she was very excited to start her book making project. It didn't take her long to come up with a dozen story ideas. She finally settled on one idea and we've worked on it together over the last week. I got instructions from her on what to draw and did my best to make the pictures somewhat recognizable. She added her own artwork to some of the pages. We finished it tonight and named it appropriately I think. I hope you have fun 'reading' the book that Aaris created.
1 week ago




5 comments:
Ok you were not suppose to make me cry this early....that is soooo sweet. I think that is just the greatest idea and that Aaris is excited! What a trooper!! She just oozes the spirit of Christ!
Let me know if there is anything I can send to Aaris as a post-surgery pick-me-up (or to you, for that matter). I know with the G-parents close by, you'll probably have more than you need, but let me know anyway. Love you all! Rockin' Roosters Rule! If we can win a three-legged race, our kids can do anything.
What a sweet and creative child! I'd love to read that book one day! Will be praying daily for you all!
What a great idea! I know she wrote a great book! You have raised a precious girl...........
Love the book idea!! And she will do such a great job making it her way.
Post a Comment