Today's book page is the first actual page of Aaris's story. It is the princess Jasmine going to the hospital with her sick heart.
Tonight we went to the library and read and checked out children's books about going to the hospital. Aaris had a great time!! She was full of questions and unwavering in her listening.
I also want to mention that we received a great gift Sunday night from our Care Group (in-home, small group bible study). They all took time at the end of our discussion to gather around Aaris and pray. The kids were even involved. The prayers were amazing and touched my heart deeply. We are truly blessed to have a Care Group full of loving and supportive friends. And, I must add that once again Aaris blew me away by her sweet spirit. As the prayers were coming to a close they asked if anyone else wanted to pray and Aaris said she did. She said,
"Dear God, I love you so much. That's all I wanted to say. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."
I of course was brought to tears by her loving heart. She then proceeded to say, "Mommy, why are you crying?". I had to then try and explain the whole crying because of happiness thing.
Oh, and I just remembered this, but tonight in her bedtime prayer Aaris thanked God for making heaven. And all day she has expressed how excited she is to go to heaven. I'm so glad that she knows that it's the greatest place we'll ever want to be. Of course my desire is that we get to spend many more years together here on earth, but at least I know that when God takes her to heaven she will be exactly where she wants to be.




1 comment:
We keep praying and thanking God for Aaris and her sweet heart.
Post a Comment