Friday, April 25, 2008

Titus 18 month update

With everything that has been going on with Aaris, I didn't want Titus to be left out, so here is an update on him. He had his 18 month check-up the Monday before Aaris's surgery. I ended up not being able to take him because Aaris's pre-op hospital appointment got moved, so my father-in-law (a.k.a. Poppy, a.k.a. Albert) took him. He said that the doctor said he was right on track. He weighed in at 21 lbs, which I think is around the 5% range for his age, and his height was 31 inches which is around 10% I think. His head circumference was 48 inches which is around 50% still. So, he is at least on the charts this time around. He seems to be getting bigger and bigger every day to me. He is a GREAT eater and now eats more than Aaris and eats most everything I give him. Fun things about him now:
When he is hungry he climbs into his highchair and calls "mommy"
He really loves wooden puzzles and will sit for long periods of time doing them over and over.
He is making a lot of animal sounds now.
He problem solves to be able to achieve what he wants.
He repeats almost anything said to him.
He also has just started putting 2 words together at one time.
He is running constantly.
He obeys time-outs
He loves to play with Daddy's big basketball and won't even consider using a little one.
He counts when he wants to jump and you catch him.
He is always giving me a silly or mischievous look.
He's had 4 haircuts already.
He is very polite and always says "please" and "thank you"
He holds hands and bows his head when we pray
He is always singing.





5 comments:

Taylor Made said...

Growing so fast! We are happy that everything is going well with Aaris and we have enjoyed reading her care page. I am sure little Titus is happy to have you all home again and a healthy sister to pick on. I am feeling great, thanks for asking. In fact tonight, my sister, mother and I wall papered a bathroom. I do not have my normal energy but that is expected. Good to hear from you, take care.

Leslie said...

Those are great pictures....he looks so big and grown up!!

Briana said...

He is such a sweet little boy!

twarpula said...

Precious!! I love ones of him with the BBall. So cute!! Little sports man already.
-Tanya

April said...

He is looking so much like a little boy these days! Too cute!